Lakkidi Ghat Pass & View Point
Lakkidi is the gateway of Wayanad it positioned at 2296 ft above sea level., Wayanad ‘churam’ Starting from Adivaram and covering a distance of 12km the ghat road ends at Top View Point, Lakkidi. It has 9 sharp curves described as Hair Pins.It is a perfect place where you can capture the beauty of Kerala in your camera. The towering mountain peaks, the rushing stream, verdant vegetation and a deep valley – all await to welcome you.
How to reach
Wayanad is well connected by road from all towns in Kerala and nearby cities like Mysore, Bangalore and Ooty. There is no rail route. You can catch any bus going to Kalpetta, Sultan’s Bathery, Mananthavady, Mysore or Bangalore.
- Nearest Railway Station : Calicut (Kozhikode), Mysore
- Nearest Airport : Calicut Airport and Bangalore Airport.
Visit Lakkidi Ghat Pass & View Point
- Height: It is located at an elevation of 700 metres above sea level.
- Location: Kozhikode-Mysore-Kollegal Highway, Lakkidi, Kerala
- Best Time to visit: One should visit Lakkidi View Point at the time of early morning or early evening to get the best views.
Lakkidi Ghat Pass & View Point 360° View
- Lakkidi and Thamarassery Route in Wayanad. The view point is located at the upper end of the Ghat Road (Thamarassery Churam).
- You can see monkeys skipping through the roadside and once you begin setting out through the street to Vythiri, you will see a ficus tree on the left side. You will likewise see a substantial tie tied down to the ground and tied around the strong branches of the tree.
- Park your vehicle at designated location at Lakkidi view point.
- Do not litter the place.
- Visit Lakkidi view point during early hours or during evening time when the weather is pleasant.
- Like always, start your trip as early as possible.
Tourist places near Lakkidi Ghat Pass & View Point
- Pookode lake
- Chain tree
- Eagle’s flight zipline
- Soochipara Waterfalls
- Edakkal Caves